To Let £35,000
- GPO Bar and Restaurant is located upon Exchange Street, which links Chancery Lane into Carolgate, the main shopping parade in Retford.
- The building sits close to public car parks, along Chancery Lane, and has excellent access to Kings park. Retford itself is a bustling north Nottinghamshire market town which still retains it markets on Thursday, Friday and Saturdays with a monthly farmers market. The town is a central point for many of the surrounding towns and villages and as such the town has attracted and maintained a good number of national occupiers and retailers. Retford is well placed for taking advantage of
- the surrounding centres of Sheffield, Doncaster, Lincoln, Worksop and Nottingham.
- The A1 is within approximately 5 minutes driving distance and the M18 and M6.
- A brand-new development that turned this former post office into a mixed residential and commercial development, the upper floors are now high-end residential accommodation whilst the ground floor has been fully renovated to a high standard, a great opportunity for a first time, or well-established operator looking for a bigger site.
- All the accommodation is set out over the ground floor, with open plan public areas, the space measures approximately 2900 sq ft. The accommodation has an L shaped front bar area, benefiting from the large windows to the front elevation, which then leads through into the former sorting office, which has a vaulted ceiling with a substantial roof light.
- The ancilliary areas offer a large galley kitchen with prep rooms and an insulated area.
- We are advised that all mains services are connected to the property. These services have not been inspected or tested by the agent.
- The property is offered on full repairing and insuring lease, on a lease assignment basis. The passing rent is £35k per annum plus VAT and the lease has 9 years remaining of a 10-year term. The lease premium to include all the equipment is £60k.
- Interested parties are advised to contact the relevant billing authority for any rates information.
- We are advised that VAT will be chargeable on the Rent and Landlords Insurance contributions required.
- Both Parties will be responsible for their own legal costs.
- Not applicable.
- Located in the town centre and adjacent to a large public car park, parking is free after 6pm in most instances.
- The current planning use class cover A3/A4 restaurant and bar with a premises licence. Interested parties are advised to make their own enquiries with the local authority.
- Strictly by prior appointment via the sole agents P & F Commercial Tel: 01664 431330 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reference: 10495
- Type: Retail
- Status: To Let